PLEASE HELP!!

Author
Dee
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 8
2011/04/07 11:34:32 (permalink)

PLEASE HELP!!

After falling down stairs and not able to do anything for sometime, taking care of an elderly parent by myself and a stressful new job, I need to lose about 70 lbs.  I have a number of different DVD's, aerobics, strenghtening, yoga, pilates, etc. but the help I need is a schedule of when to do what.  I have started getting up early and walking on my treadmill for about 15-20 minutes but I need to do the majority of my working out after I get home from work.  I know I can't do strength training everyday, but it is so confusing to me as to what to do when.  I love to read this forum.  You learn something new all the time and no one is critical, just encouraging.  Thank you for anything you can help me with.

2 Replies Related Threads

Phoenix
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 718
    Re:PLEASE HELP!! 2011/04/07 15:26:44 (permalink)
    Hi Dee...wow you sure have had more than your share lately...so sorry.  Glad you finally have time for yourself.  Why not join one of the threads...it sounds like just talking to people would help you some. Take a look at the daily check-in. And since you're already doing a treadmill the walk thread sounds like a good fit. And a good start...good for you!

If you really want to strength train everyday you can just not the same muscle group. Upper  body one day and lower body the following.  On the other hand a lot of people like to do strength one day and aerobics the following. And some do all of it in one day...strength first...and do something totally different like a walk or use off days as rest days.
    Join any thread...all will welcome you.  Or just pop in to talk...someone is always here.
    megw
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 4702
    Re:PLEASE HELP!! 2011/04/07 16:01:33 (permalink)
    Welcome Dee.  I agree with Phoenix.  If you weight train take a day off in between for cardio or a rest day.  For me I do two days of cardio between weight days.  Joinnig a check in post is also good.
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1