Need Video Help

Author
momof2boycats
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/08/15 13:57:58 (permalink)

Need Video Help

I'm 65 and have arthritis in my shoulder and hands that would hinder me from doing any type of push ups.  I've been using Leslie Sansone's Walk Strong (walking and weights).  It gives me a great workout, but I need to alternate with toning and maybe Yoga.  Will Yoga help with weight loss?  Any suggestion on what videos I need?  Also, how should I alternate Leslie's workout with the toning and Yoga?

2 Replies Related Threads

Turtle
    Platinum member (300-499 posts)
    • Total Posts : 367
    Re:Need Video Help 2011/08/15 19:04:09 (permalink)
    Have you ever checked out Ellen Barrett?  She has several videos that have a yoga/tone feel and focus that you might like.  I believe Ellen would also compliment you Leslie workouts.
    Exerciseman
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 1353
    Re:Need Video Help 2011/08/15 19:33:03 (permalink)
    Although the title may suggest otherwise, most yoga videos will not be directly helpful in losing weight. They may be able to help you perform other types of exercise better and help you become more active generally to lose weight. My biggest concern for you though is that most of the yoga videos (at least the ones that I do) require you to bear body weight through your hands and shoulders. This is an obstacle for my DW whose shoulders will act up if she does poses such as planks. It may be an obstacle for you as well. I agree with Turtle that you should check out Ellen Barrett, who has free flowing videos that you might find effective (though perhaps not the actual yoga ones). Good Luck and welcome aboard...D
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1