Looking for good pregnancy workout video

Author
cat11
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/09/25 21:04:09 (permalink)

Looking for good pregnancy workout video

I have recently found out that I am pregnant. I had been doing Jillian Michaels {ripped in 30}5970^ but since I am on week 3 of it I am not sure if it is appropriate to continue. I am only about 5-6 weeks along. I love Jillian Michaels workouts I have done {30 day shred}7963^, no more trouble zones and now ripped in 30. I like the results I get from her workouts. I love her 3-2-1 system and it is great that most of her workouts are around 30 minutes long. Is there any workout videos that Collage Video offers that would be similar to Jillian's type of workout but that is less intense and more suitable for pregnancy? Or is it possible that one of Jillian's videos would work for pregnancy? Hope you can help.ThanksCatherine

3 Replies Related Threads

willow
    Platinum member (300-499 posts)
    • Total Posts : 452
    Re:Looking for good pregnancy workout video 2011/09/26 06:36:26 (permalink)
    YOu have a long way to go before you have to tone down the intensity if you are already used to working out.
    cat11
    Bronze member (<100 posts)
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Looking for good pregnancy workout video 2011/09/26 20:58:05 (permalink)
    will the jumping jacks and other jump moves cause problems this early? I didn't workout much when I was pregnant with my first which was over 4 yrs ago. I have been doing Jillian Michaels pretty regularly (abt 2-4/wk) for the last 6 months. Her workouts are tough for me and I would not say that I am an advanced exerciser more beginner to intermediate. I appreciate the advice.Thanks
    Andelyn
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 956
    Re:Looking for good pregnancy workout video 2011/09/27 17:20:42 (permalink)
    Everyone is different, but from my experience (with 2 miscarriages, and 2 healthy babies) I would tone down the intensity and go low impact.  For myself, I stopped working out when I found out I was pregnant after that first loss.  Then I started back when I felt "safe" around 4-5 months with low impact and gentle toning (only the pregnancy workouts I felt comfortable with).  That's also when the nausea calmed down too, so there were also other factors for why I waited so long to continue working out.

I still blame all the jumping and such with that first loss.  I was doing kickboxing.  I was just thinking about it today before I read your post.  Now, that may not have caused the problem, but there is now way to know, and I just don't think it's worth the risk.  Just my opinion.

Also I wanted to add:  My doctor says this is the time when the placenta is still implanting and attatching to the uterus wall.  I just think this is a very delicate time until the placenta is fully functional and attached completely.

Best wishes for you and baby :)
    post edited by Andelyn - 2011/09/27 17:22:46

Andelyn
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1