How to lift kettlebells

Author
JKL
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 50
2012/11/04 14:18:08 (permalink)

How to lift kettlebells

I'm just starting kettlebells so am not sure the proper way to lift a kettlebell. So can you tell me the proper way to lift a kettlebell? I'm not sure if I should be doing the lifting with my arms or with my core. I thought I read somewhere that the lifting should be done with the core; but although I've never had back/hip issues, it seems to be more comfortable to lift with my arms instead of with my core. Any suggestions on the proper way to lift would be greatly appreciated.  My workouts don't tell me. Thank you.

1 Reply Related Threads

megw
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 4702
    Re:How to lift kettlebells 2012/11/04 14:48:42 (permalink)
    Hi JKL.  You should find a good kettlebell dvd with a tutorial. Way to Your Perfect body with Kettlebell and  Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Scuplt and Conditioning vol 1 both have tutorials.  On the coming soon page there is a beginner kettlebell workout with Paul Katimi (sp?).  That's supposed to have a tutorial also.  Proper form is very very important and its hard to tell you like this.  You use your whole body - power comes from the lower body.  You really need the tutorial.
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1