How many calories you burn

Author
Selma
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/04/30 19:32:45 (permalink)

How many calories you burn

Hi, 
How many calories I will be burning after completing one session of hi-def sculpt by The Firm. I am 61 years old and weigh 138.
Selma

1 Reply Related Threads

mlb
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 1599
    Re:How many calories you burn 2013/05/03 00:34:02 (permalink)
    Congratulation on finding a workout you like and do.  Keep at it, regardless of the calorie burn, consistent exercise will bring results.  

I think no one has answered your question yet because it is hard to say what the calorie burn would be for a particular workout, even knowning a persons age, weight and sex.  

If you have interest in the actual calorie burn of various workouts, or what your heart rate is during exercise....POLAR makes heart rate montors (HRM)  that will calculate calorie burn using your age, sex weight, and heart rate.  That's the brand I've used, but there are brands with a similar product.  When I first started exercising the heart rate information was helpful for me in learning to judge if I was working at the right intensity.  When I learned to percieve exertion better, I didn't bother to wear the POLAR, except every once and a while.

I find that it helps me if I find a variety of thing to focus on besides calorie burn or weight.  Like getting stronger or more flexible....or a chore around the house that was tough and is now easier to finish.  Or how exercise makes me feel, more relaxed and confident and proud of myself for finishing my workout.
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1