Pelvic Tilt

Author
pink ribbon
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 24
2013/11/02 08:48:58 (permalink)

Pelvic Tilt

Are there any dvd's or workout suggestions for the pelvic tilt exercise. When standing against a wall, I can slide more than my hand in the lower back area. I also have lower back and my belly pooches out although I'm slim. I've started walking and notice little control in this area. So I guess I'm looking for a core, belly, or lower back workout? Thanks.

4 Replies Related Threads

Vantreesta
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 8768
    Re:Pelvic Tilt 2013/11/02 08:59:47 (permalink)
    i have a pretty bad anterior pelvic tilt, and what has helped me the most is overall core strengthening, running, and yoga.  sitting more than usual (esp in the summer when we're in the car a lot more) causes me to slip back into bad postural habits.  my chiro suggested bridges, hip flexor stretching, and strenghtening the lower abs.  good luck!

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
    Alice Kathleen
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 1090
    Re:Pelvic Tilt 2013/11/02 14:42:36 (permalink)
    You might try viewing some Pilates videos.   They address posture and might be helpful.  I bought
    a book at a library sale for a couple bucks that has some wall exercises that address this area, and
    boy do I feel them after I do them.   Just remember not to overstrain or push your spine when 
    you work on spinal alinement.   The Classical Stretch dvds might be useful,  too, as she does
    lots of back work, especially upper back work.
    pink ribbon
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re:Pelvic Tilt 2013/11/04 08:24:01 (permalink)
    Thank you for excellent suggestions!
    Javamonster
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Pelvic Tilt 2013/11/14 16:52:55 (permalink)
    If I may also make a suggestion?  

Karen Voight's Total Body Training (Pilates) DVD is *excellent*. Because I slump and have weak back & pelvic muscles, I really needed strengthening and toning to equalize the muscles. This DVD really helped me. (TMI, but while I used it consistently, my childbirth caused incontinence eased up to where it disappeared, so it also works on the pelvic floor, too)
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1