Hot!Going out of Business...Say it ain't so!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
greekygirl
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/13 22:53:02 (permalink)
Yes, please let us know where we can purchase exercise DVDs from - I've only bought them from Collage as well and I feel lost - I don't know where to go now! Like everyone else, I am sad and devastated! Thank you for your help!
megw
Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
  • Total Posts : 4702
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/13 23:44:26 (permalink)
I guess it okay to post since collage is going out of business. Total Fitness carry's a lot of workouts. No way near collage's customer server and no forum but it does have clips and some but not as good breakdowns. I have bought several kettlebell workouts. Lauren Brooks workout are over there.
Charmaine
Platinum member (300-499 posts)
  • Total Posts : 369
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/14 08:00:51 (permalink)
Wow!! I've just read about Collage going out of business and I'm so shocked. I've spent many, many happy hours browsing, poring over the reviews and watching the clips. Collage was like a part of the family for years and I built up nice relationships with some of the CS and shipping staff not to mention some of the folks on the forum.

This is truly the end of an era. There was nowhere like Collage before it started and there will be nowhere like it when it goes. I'm just happy that you guys existed and have given me such great memories. I wish all of you, from staff to forum members, the very best in life and I'll remember my Collage years with deep fondness and joy.

I need to stay on the wagon, not under it!
billiefan
  • Total Posts : 696
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/14 08:51:55 (permalink)
I tried the subscription service with Gaiam, but canceled ASAP. They skipped or froze on my computer and it took a awhile getting used to working out in a different room. Now I have a new smart phone..guess I could try it with that. Although my daughter would have to set it up for me. Also in the Free on Demand section with my Cable Service I found sportskool. Loved it at first, lots of Ellen Barrett. Keeps changing.
Vantreesta
  • Total Posts : 8768
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/14 09:16:19 (permalink)
good to see you, charmaine!  are you on videofitness? a bunch of us have moved over there this week.  so sad to see collage go! :(  hope you are well!

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Charmaine
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/14 16:27:34 (permalink)
Hey Vantreesta!! Nice to see you too, thanks so much for the greeting :) I'm very well thanks, apart from being in total shock about Collage. This is indeed a very sad day. I am on VF under a different name, joined about 2 years ago but didn't post much as I found it just too big and intimidating. Even though I don't post there I do lurk on the forum a bit and that's where I read the news this morning. They've extended a very warm welcome to Collage so I may well get my VF name changed or make mention in my signature line and join you guys :) Hope you're well too!
post edited by Charmaine - 2014/03/14 16:28:54

Vantreesta
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/14 17:02:23 (permalink)
it would be great to see you more, charmaine!

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
katie
  • Total Posts : 1955
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 11:33:42 (permalink)
Another thing that I will miss here is everyone's avatars.  Always fun to see everyone's choice.  I know you can get an avatar at VF if you pay to be a supporter...not planning on that at least right now.  But you can still have taglines over there and that is fun too.  Always loved reading everyone's tag line.

~A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.~
Charmaine
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 12:06:47 (permalink)
Oh Vannie, it'd be great to see more of you too...I've just updated my signature on VF so I can be easily identified :)

kimd
Gold member (200-299 posts)
  • Total Posts : 239
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 12:49:00 (permalink)
Katie, I feel the same about paying for an avatar--gotta save money for so many other workout thingies! I will miss them, though--they serve my swiss-cheesed memory well! ;)
Vantreesta
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 12:52:53 (permalink)
yay, charmaine!  what is your username over there?              i miss having the visual cue of the avatars as well.  plus, let's be honest, i really enjoy showing off my furbabies! :p  i'm not interested right now in paying either.  same thing, too many workouts still to buy! :)

Leonana
  • Total Posts : 683
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 13:13:33 (permalink)
In VF's defense, running the forum isn't free. At least that's what I'm guessing. Collage was also selling dvd's, so perhaps their forum was an incentive to purchase? Anyway, I don't mind donating a little to VF, and will probably do it eventually.

Sherry
Vantreesta
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 14:06:53 (permalink)
oh, i totally agree, sherry, but i'm going to have to adjust to the idea of paying to talk! :p

katie
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 14:34:19 (permalink)
I agree too Sherry, nothing wrong with them getting some financial support for the forum and I didn't mean for my comment on missing everyone's avatars to come across that way.   I'd just like to get more familiar with the whole format and how much I'm on there, etc before I pay for the ability to have an avatar, etc.

~A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.~
katie
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 14:43:19 (permalink)
I can't believe how fast their inventory is going....will we be here Monday?  I hope so!  I was hoping the forum would last until the end of the month but who knows.  I know my website and blog I pay for so many months in advance so maybe they'll let the forum go on until the subscription runs out??  Just speculating here and being hopeful that we'll be here a bit longer after the inventory is gone.

Carol S.
  • Total Posts : 2743
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 14:47:21 (permalink)
I was thinking - $20/year -ugh.  But that comes down to about 5 1/2 cents a day.  So, I'll probably wait a while, but I think I'll end up paying.

Carol

Vantreesta
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 15:29:34 (permalink)
i agree with you guys about the fee.  it really is not unreasonable, it's just my way of thinking.  i just wish we had a date that the forum would be gone.  we know it's coming, but not knowing when is making me so anxious!  i keep fearing i will miss the last posts.  having an end date would ease my mind even though it means finality.  i so wish there was a way (maybe there  is, i have no idea) that the forum (old and current) could be archived and locked so we could still access it and the gold mine of information (and nostalgia!).

Charmaine
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 16:36:54 (permalink)
I'm iPodLuvver over there Vannie (my signature line says AKA Charmaine and it has the same tag line about the wagon that I use here) and I posted in the welcome thread a few hours ago...still feels like such a huge place though! :-/ I totally agree about missing the avatars as well. I have to say that I have butterflies in my stomach every time I come over here since yesterday because we just don't know when it's going to go. It'd be great if it could be locked down and archived when the time comes as there is such a wealth of information and, of course, for purely nostalgic purposes too! I'd certainly be taking that trip down memory lane more than once :)

Vantreesta
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 16:45:26 (permalink)
i will look for you, charmaine.  i am posting over there on the walk or whatever check in (occasionally), the anything goes check in, the add 'em up challenge, and the medal challenge.  i'm not letting myself read too many other threads there right now bc i know i'll get obsessive and spend too much time on it.  i will have to bite off little bits at a time so i can try to maintain balance! :)

Charmaine
Re:Going out of Business...Say it ain't so! 2014/03/15 18:53:24 (permalink)
Thanks, that'd be great :) I'll have a look at the different threads you mentioned. I know what you mean about bite sized chunks!Lol! Mary at Total Fitness DVDs has her forum up and running now too, spied a number of forumites that have joined. I may register there as well...we'll see. I look forward to seeing more of you somewhere :)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1