Low-Impact Cardio for Ankle Injury

Author
cattail722
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 2
2015/01/15 13:58:04 (permalink)

Low-Impact Cardio for Ankle Injury

I injured my ankle last April and it has never been the same.  I've also started experiencing pain in my heel, which I think is related to the ankle injury.  I used to really enjoy doing high-impact cardio to get my heartrate up, but anything involving jumping or stepping is now out of the question.  I also used to be able to walk at a good pace, and now have to slow down, or I experience pain, so I'm not able to get a very good cardio workout out of it as I once did.  I'm hoping for some video recommendations for some floor cardio routines that are low-impact or showing good modifications for low-impact but a good workout that will get my heartrate up and burn lots of calories.  Thanks for any advice you can offer.
cattail722
Re: Low-Impact Cardio for Ankle Injury 2015/02/03 18:58:50 (permalink)
Since writing this, I've discovered boxing drills!  They are mostly low impact and any high-impact moves can just be modified.  Kelly Coffey-Meyer has 2 really great workouts in her "30 Minutes to Fitness" category using these drills: "Train Like a Contender" and "Trim Down" and I highly recommend them, if you have ankle injuries.
clarc
Re: Low-Impact Cardio for Ankle Injury 2019/11/07 05:20:35 (permalink)
I would really focus on regaining that strength in a limited environment; where your ankle is limited in the range/motion specific activity you give it. This might sound off to you, but you can even re-sprain on elliptical if your ligaments are imbalanced, weak, or worse, loose.
The more you resprain or work through that pain, it will possibly get worse. If you work through the pain, it will eventually disappear, barring any minor/major reinjury. But this will result in an improper heal. Be cautioned... again, physiotherapist or at worst case, please research ankle physio exercises.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
post edited by clarc - 2019/11/08 05:45:14
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1