Newbie needs recommendations please

Author
Sassylassie
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 1
2016/09/23 14:48:19 (permalink)

Newbie needs recommendations please

HI Everyone! I am new to the site and need a bit of help in getting started.
I had kidney failure earlier this year. It came on due to a severe allergic reaction to NSAIDs. I was taking the NSAIDs due to neck and shoulder pain from work conditions. I was put on a high dosage of steroids, which saved my life but were not so kind to the rest of my body. The dose was slowly lowered but my weight went up about 40 pounds.
I started going to a Massage Therapist (MT) to release the tension and myofascial adhesion in my body. When I first went in, we compared my back to a “slab of concrete”. Over the course of 3 months, I developed “cracks in that concrete” and now, 6 months later, it is down to “broken chunks”, if you will.
I am now at the point where I can exercise (and want and need) to lose weight and regain strength, all over my being. It must be low impact. Most of the DVDs I have are jumping and bouncing. I am looking for something new. I am not very coordinated either. Yes, I am a mess!!!
I’m up at 4am to get to work and sit a lot throughout the day. I come home exhausted about 5pm. Fix dinner and try to get to bed by 9:30. So I don’t have a lot of time, other than on the weekends. Although, I know once the weight starts coming off, I will gain energy!!
If anyone can think of a great DVD, that this gal can do, please let me know.
Thank you for all the help 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1