Don't understand nutrition and exercise
Every time I try to learn about proper nutrition and exercise, I get overwhelmed by the amount of conflicting information online. I always get the sense that people are either trying to sell you something, or are trying to promote their particular diet/workout philosophy. I just want something that's easy to understand without needing to have an advanced degree in chemistry.
I have what some would call a skinny fat body (skinny arms/legs, fat stomach), which I'm trying to reverse (build muscle and lose the fat). I am 5 ft 10in and weigh 70kg.
This is what I currently do, and what I think I need to do.
1. I don't eat junk food/fast food, or drink alcohol or coffee.
2. I usually skip breakfast because I'm rushed for work in the morning, so I only eat lunch and dinner. I usually just take a banana and eat that once I'm at my desk.
3. I eat a lot of fruits/vegetables, eggs, meat (chicken, steak, fish), nuts. Nothing that comes in a box.
4. I don't get enough sleep, maybe only 5-6 hrs a night when I know I should get at least 8. I get home from work close after 5 and just don't feel like I have enough time to myself after cooking/cleaning/errands.
5. I don't work out often and have trouble sticking to a routine. I know I feel good after working out, but making myself start the routine each day feels like a chore. I often feel like I'm tired all the time and have no energy.
6. The workout routine that I have devised uses dumbells and body weight exercises (mainly squat and press, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and some arm/chest exercises with the dumbells). A single routine lasts 40min, including warming up. My goal is to work out every other day, or 3-4 times per week.
Please let me know what I can do to improve and stay motivated.
Also you can check this product launch