Leslie Sansone compared to treadmill walking

Author
pink ribbon
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 24
2009/01/08 11:16:00 (permalink)

Leslie Sansone compared to treadmill walking

When I walk on the treadmill (while watching Leslie Sansone videos), my steps don't align with her. I seem to be moving faster, heart rate quicker yet she's clocking in a mile before I do. Which is better in terms of aerobic results, small steps in place, or long strides on the treadmill?

2 Replies Related Threads

Dulcy
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 2206
    Re:Leslie Sansone compared to treadmill walking 2009/01/08 12:25:39 (permalink)
    Using a treadmill daily gives me sore knees from the bouncing.Doing leslie uses more muscles overall-try her new 5 mile fat burning dvd!she uses arm movements  esp overhead constantly,fast  walk intervals and also jogging intervals.You can't directly corelate the  number of steps of her walk  dvds to actual number of steps  walking outside  as plain walking is just forward motion without the exagerrated arm movements. such as arms overhead etc.she does forward,backward ,kicks[stationary]  running in place ,sidesteps and sidekicks,back kicks etc.It's the beats per minute  or how fast you are moving  and overall  intensity that corelates to the equivalent in intensity..I find her {5 mile fat burning}5560^ 1 hour dvd  harder than my old 1 hour tread mill workouts without the knee pain.Add some handweights or increase your intensity while doing her walks and you may come to prefer it over treadmill walking like I do.Because she calls her tapes "walking"people keep trying to directly compare it to actual walking steps in number and distance[mileage]  but you really can't compare it that way.Compare it in how you feel- which makes you feel better?
    Dulcy
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 2206
    Re:Leslie Sansone compared to treadmill walking 2009/01/08 13:58:06 (permalink)
    Ooops-sorry this question was directed at Collage so maybe I shouldn't have answered it!!! I luv Leslie's tapes and this question of distance comparison comes up a lot and I've been itching to say something..I really don't feel it's a fair comparison.Again, sorry Collage I didn't mean to tread on your toes!
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1