Mixed workouts with aerobics and weights

Author
Camilla
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 1
2009/02/02 19:23:24 (permalink)

Mixed workouts with aerobics and weights

I love workouts that combine aerobic conditioning with light weights (2 - 5 lb) or bands.  Can these be done back to back, or should they be done on alternate days? 

The usual advice on weight training seems to be 48 hours rest between strength  sessions for a particular part of the body, but does this hold true for light weights that are used in conjunction with a primarily aerobic session?  And also, most of these also seem to feature squats and lunges - is there a problem doing these on consecutive days?

Thanks for your help.  Getting back to regular exercise after a period of fits and starts.  I enjoy aerobic workouts on dvd so much more than walking.  I also enjoy free weights.  You have to drag me to the treadmill, but a dvd workout is fun!

2 Replies Related Threads

Mandolyn
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 1951
    Re:Mixed workouts with aerobics and weights 2009/02/03 11:34:13 (permalink)
    I say yes they can be done back to back if you are using light weights.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 
    Collage Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1359
    Re:Mixed workouts with aerobics and weights 2009/02/03 15:41:23 (permalink)
    You would indeed be able to do an aerobic/toning workout day after day as long as you continue to use weights that are lighter for you.  Squats and lunges may add up from day to day on the lower body, but as long as you stretch and cooldown thoroughly, you would be able to include them in your daily aerobics/toning workout.
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1