weight rotation question

Author
megw
Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
  • Total Posts : 4702
2008/09/04 14:22:36 (permalink)

weight rotation question

I have the ripped series and have several others on my wish list. Right now I do a hi/lo day then a step day and unless I am still sore from the last time a ripped. I am wondering what would give the best results.  Would I stick to ripped for a month or so and then move on or is it better to rotate through the various workouts you have. I know that its good to change things up to get through plateaus but which kind of rotation would be the best?? Thanks

5 Replies Related Threads

Mandolyn
    • Total Posts : 1951
    Re:weight rotation question 2008/09/04 15:18:29 (permalink)
    I never do the same weight workout more than once a week. So most of my weight workouts are done every other week once a week. That is because I have several however. I think it is good to mix it up. But then again I think you can do a rotation of the same weight workout say for 6- 8weeks then change it up and not do that one, do a new one for 6-8 weeks. You can try Cathe's dvds for weights and Kelly Coffey's {NYC}7752^ is good. I have several circuit workouts as well that incorporate weights between cardio. ( I find these to be a big calorie and fat burner overall)

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 
    fit_shaz
    Bronze member (<100 posts)
    • Total Posts : 0
    Re:weight rotation question 2008/09/06 17:54:37 (permalink)
    Hi,
    for weight workouts, I have found it best to stick to one type of workout for about 4-6 weeks, this is a good way to measure results (inch loss, strength gains etc.)  I mix up my cardio workouts to keep things interesting.
    megw
    • Total Posts : 4702
    Re:weight rotation question 2008/09/06 21:14:50 (permalink)
    Thanks! I will take your suggestions and appreciate them>
    Dawn
    • Total Posts : 4083
    Re:weight rotation question 2008/09/10 07:46:59 (permalink)

my cardio I usually run but I do different each day,long runs steady,trail runs ,HIIT runs,treadmill challengers dvd,etc. but for my weights I  change every 3-4 weeks, Ill do Jari for 3-4 weeks and back to Cathe for my upperbody 3-4 weeks now for my lowerbody I usually stick to jari  cause I find that the higher reps slim me down more since I carry my bodyfat mostly on my bottom half,I lift heavy enough to feel fatigue. now to focus on my abs more and add some weighted ab work!! take care!!!

MH
    • Total Posts : 6498
    Re:weight rotation question 2008/09/14 22:37:18 (permalink)
    I have an additional question.  I like to to a pilates, yoga, ballet type workout after I do a weight one.  But, I find the ones with a lot of arm work almost too tiring as my arms are tired from the weights.  What are some pilates, yoga, ballet type workouts do you guys do on the same day after a weight work out, that is if you do that?  It just feels so good to do a stretching type workout after weights but like I said, sometimes the arm part is too hard from lifting the weights.  I am ok after a cardio or just walking day, it's all that arm work on the weight day.  Am I makings sense here with this question?
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1