Ellen Barrett Rotation

Author
sundari
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 21
2008/09/05 09:49:41 (permalink)

Ellen Barrett Rotation

Has anyone attempted to do an Ellen Barrett "only" rotation?

I would think that with Ellen's "Studio Series" , the "Self" workouts, the "Belly Fat" workouts and the "Crunch" workouts there would be enough variety of cardio and strength.

I might have left some out maybe a Weight Watchers which I've never seen or some others I don't know about.

If you've tried this rotation how did it go?

6 Replies Related Threads

Andelyn
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 956
    Re:Ellen Barrett Rotation 2008/09/05 10:26:42 (permalink)
    I actually did a rotation of just her two "Self" workouts a couple summers ago.  I did it probably for about 3 or 4 months - just did each one twice in a week (so a total of 4 workouts a week).  Every now and then I would add something else in like {Balletone}7179^ or {10 Min. Solution Pilates}7385^ with Lara Hudson (her first one).  I got in pretty good shape and noticed toning.

I've never tried rotating them all (although I think I have all hers except the weight watchers one).  It's something I've considered though.  I wouldn't want to get burned out on her because she's one of my favorite instructors, plus I have too many other favorites.
    sundari
    Re:Ellen Barrett Rotation 2008/09/05 13:10:51 (permalink)
    Thanks Andelyn - sounds like you did great just with the two "Self" workouts.  I wouldn't want to burn out on Ellen either.  I know about other workouts I like variety too.  But maybe a short rotation using Ellen might not be bad just to see how it goes.
    Andelyn
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 956
    Re:Ellen Barrett Rotation 2008/09/05 17:32:20 (permalink)
    Sundari,

Actually, I didn't mention before that last year I was doing {Bikini Ready Fast}7449^ I think a couple times a week and got some good toning results in my arms (after a little break for awhile from the first rotation of it).  I think I did it quite awhile because that one is upper body focused and I was having trouble with my knee alot more then.  So, I want to say I used it regularly for about 6 months - I could check on my log but I think that is right.

And over the years as she released new ones, I would do them nearly exclusively (maybe 3 or so times a week, and usually with another 1 or 2 different workouts by other instructors).  So, I've had good results with just her {Crunch Pick Your Spot}7030^ (rotating with a couple others), and then also with {Crunch Fat Burning Pilates}7150^. 

In fact {Crunch Fat Burning Pilates}7150^ was my all time favorite workout for along time.  And if I have to pick, I'd probably still choose that one as my all-time fav (but please don't make me pick just one! LOL :)  When that one came out I did it probably 3 times a week, and I didn't keep a log back then, but I would guess I used it about 6 months at least.  I loved it.  Got great results.  I do also remember I walked some then too.  But that was all I did for toning I'm pretty sure.  I was on a pilates kick, and then loved having cardio mixed in that workout.

Anyway, if you do an Ellen rotation of some kind, let us know how it goes!  I should do one too!  I miss those Crunch workouts of hers and the Studio - I need to do them again soon.
    sundari
    Re:Ellen Barrett Rotation 2008/09/07 12:01:51 (permalink)
    Hi Andelyn:

I will post about my Ellen Rotation.  I'm seriously thinking about doing one.  For one thing every time I do any Ellen workout I totally feel good and relaxed.  So that in itself is reason enough to try it.

I'm so glad you posted about your experience with Ellen's workouts.  You certainly sound like not only did you get good results but seem to have been having a good time working out.  And working out should at least have some fun factor it can't be all dread.  I'm not familiar with Ellen's Pilates workouts.  The only one I have of pilates is Ellen's {Burn & Firm}7355^ and I like that one alot. 

I read your review on the Self workouts with Violet and you mentioned one workout having more cardio in it, thats why you liked it more.  It seems that Ellen did the same with her Self workouts.  Self Bikini Ready Fast having less cardio and Self Sleek & Lean having more cardio.   

Thanks for all your info on the Ellen workouts.
    gemini1412
    Platinum member (300-499 posts)
    • Total Posts : 455
    Re:Ellen Barrett Rotation 2008/09/07 12:22:20 (permalink)
    I really love Ellen.  Her work outs are the reason I started to work out regularly again.  I sord of did an all Ellen rotation about 2 years ago before I discovered Collage and all the other work outs available.  I was able to find the Self work outs and the Crunch work outs in Wal Mart and that's what I did all winter.  {Bikini Ready}7449^ was what started my arms on the road to the arms I have now.  I discovered shoulders and how they even out my proportions, cuz I'm a hip girl.  My tummy was awesome.  I was rocking the low rise.  I think now an all Ellen rotation would burn me out on her moves.  She's quite repetitive.  FBF is one of my current favorites.  I like the stretch I get and the waist line work.  Single pound wrist weights and all the "elegant arms" helped burn some fat from my arms, complimenting the Bikini Ready toning work.  I think Ellen has enough variety to do an all rotation, just try to not think "OMG not ANOTHER torso circle" because you look lovely.

Just Jess
    sundari
    Re:Ellen Barrett Rotation 2008/09/08 06:42:43 (permalink)
    Thanks Jess - sounds like you had a good experience with nice results.  I wouldn't do a long rotation but I think a short one would be nice.  Like I said I always have a nice feeling after doing one of Ellen's workouts.
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1