What is your favorite rotation?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
MRS
Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
  • Total Posts : 2521
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/03 15:37:21 (permalink)
Laura

MRS~ Careful with that knee!

Thanks, Laura, yes I was icing it after my workout yesterday, and in fact, while I'm sitting here typing this, I'm icing it again. I think it appreciated my mellow yoga workout today. I guess I need to take my own advice and try not to "kill myself" when I work out, huh? LOL!! I thought I was doing better in that respect, but it seems I'm edging toward that frowned upon area again. ;) I think it's this intense rotation I'm currently doing and that's why my goal for this month is to include more yoga/stretching...anyway, thanks again~~you're so sweet!! :)

~~MRS~~ 
w.o.w.
  • Total Posts : 2185
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/03 16:14:30 (permalink)
Hi MRS,

Yes, {REACH}7509^ does have a certain intensity, but compared to some of my other dvds and the classes I go to, it is low key! But you did get me thinking... what are some great dvds you recommend for that mind/body connection? I'd love of a little list of the ones that make you feel relaxed but like you did something great for yourself.

Thanks!
MRS
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/04 13:48:42 (permalink)
Hi W.O.W.!

I'm sure your ballet background has a lot to do with your approach to {Reach}7509^, and it comes easier for you. Zero here for me in that respect, so that may be an inkling as to why I feel it's challenging and not relaxing! ;)

Some good yoga dvds for the mind/body connection, hmm? Well, the ones I like may not be the way others define a mind/body connection, simply because I don't like the "woo woo" factor of yoga that some appreciate, but that's just me. I like to concentrate on each body part by clearing my mind and just think of zeroing in on that one area at a time while simultaneously adding in the correct breathing technique. By doing that, I feel I accomplish my mind/body connection and feel great!

Ones that I like for that, are Kathleen Anderson's Yoga in the Garden of Serenity, in which she concentrates on a specific body part and incorporates the breath in each move as well. This is not a flowing practice; more of a good stretch, so I can really get my mind focused. The same goes for Body Wisdom's Yoga For Stress Relief with Barbara Benagh. This is another dvd that is fantastic to concentrate on one area while the breath plays an important part in creating that great connection. This one gives you choices of which practice to do for specific ailments in one's life, i.e., neck and shoulder pain/headaches; lower back pain; stomach and digestive issues; depression, etc. While I've only done certain practices on this dvd, I did find it beneficial for where I wanted to stretch and reduce stress. (I even got DH to try the lower back pain segment, since he frequently suffers from low back pain! That was a miracle in itself, but he hasn't asked to do it again.) :(  Oh, well, he's missing out, right?!! 

Other yoga practices that just make me feel great, are Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness, which is probably my favorite practice right now. He just has a way to make everything flow so smoothly while concentrating on breath and clearing the mind, and since so many levels are shown, it's one that I will always grow with. This one is so appropriately named, because I actually do feel HAPPIER afterward! And, of course, my Rodney Yee workouts are ones I go to when I want short and to the point! Power Yoga for Stamina is probably my favorite of his, but I would like to get his new {A.M. Yoga For Your Week }5567^also, to use for really short add-on stretches when short on time. 

I forgot to mention a few stretch workouts that I totally love used for just stretching: Slim Series Slim & Limber, which I do this stretch probably the most of all my stretches; clocks in at 14 min., and hits every muscle. A longer version is SS Cool It Off, but I don't do it as often, since it's 60 min. Also, a new favorite is {Crunch Candlelight Yoga}7020^ for use just before bed, since I'm a limp noodle when done! I have a few others, but these are my favorites.

Usually with all practices, I like to use the meditation time to think of the Divine One and certain scripture passages of ways to improve my way of life.  HTH!
post edited by MRS - 2008/10/04 14:02:45

~~MRS~~ 
w.o.w.
  • Total Posts : 2185
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/04 14:14:38 (permalink)
Thank you MRS for all of your suggestions! I appreciate that you took time to think about your favorites, and then write about them!!! I will report back when I pick what to buy and try it out! I will probably start with one and then build from there. 

Thanks again.
MRS
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/05 11:15:04 (permalink)
You're welcome! 

~~MRS~~ 
Maureen K
  • Total Posts : 640
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/05 13:37:07 (permalink)
Rotation? What's that? Just kidding. I'm really bad about doing a formal rotation. I just do whatever I feel like that day...not the best way or working out...I know. I do try to mix it up a bit, but it's the cardio that makes me feel good, so that's what I tend to do the most. However, I think anything you can do that is different than what your body is used to will give you results...including stretch, yoga and pilates...all things I hardly ever do! LOL
Slinks
  • Total Posts : 5001
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/05 19:20:20 (permalink)
I was a pick and choose, on the day, as I said in an earlier post .. but decided to go through what I have and try really hard to write out a rotation !!
I do 4 workouts a day ..
I start with a Step
then do an Interval
then the Ball is next
followed by Pilates ...
Sunday is Kickboxing day
I will probably TRY and stick with this for 4 weeks then change to start with Cardio and keep the same organization ..
LRM
  • Total Posts : 1183
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/05 20:35:31 (permalink)
Slinks - 4 workouts a DAY??!!??!!
How long do you workout??
Dawn
  • Total Posts : 4083
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/05 21:23:46 (permalink)

I usually run 5 days a week and weight training 2 upperbody and 2 lowerbody or 3 full body. I usually stick with Jari,Cathe,Kathy Smith,Tamilee Webb. 

Slinks
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/05 21:38:59 (permalink)
ah LRM .. it is mentioned all throughout the forum how much I workout, lol .. I'm up at 4:30 am, that's to wake-up, I start at 4:45 or so, do the first and second workouts back to back, finish by 7:00am, I then wake my kids for school, have breakfast and do my 3rd workout after I've dropped them off at school .. the Pilates is the last thing I do before bed ..  :-)
Dawn
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/06 09:21:45 (permalink)

Hi Slinks Just was wondering why you exercise so much? Its seems like you are working out quite long? 3-4 hours? Im just concerned 

Slinks
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/06 13:06:14 (permalink)
Thanks Dawn, spread out over the day, it doesn't seem much .. going from hardest to easiest .. I love it, makes me feel good .. me time !!
Dawn
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/06 13:11:01 (permalink)

mine is  spread out all day, evening also,some may say I workout alot too,but its off and on day for me too. Im a stay home mom and like to keep busy, my kids are both in school now but it wouldnt pay for me to get a job,we would lose are health benefits if are income is too high and my hubbys insurance is too high in price so Im home for now. Take Care! 

post edited by Dawn - 2008/10/06 13:34:48
Catster
  • Total Posts : 735
Re:What is your favorite rotation? 2008/10/07 08:46:37 (permalink)
SG,
Because of my current rotation, the only cardio I'm getting is through the {30-Day Shred}7963^ workouts - I sweat a lot and my heart rate gets pretty high.  Though, I think am going to add a longer cardio session on Saturdays, just to change things a little.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1