This is the Ask Collage section!

Author
Diane LG
Gold member (200-299 posts)
  • Total Posts : 264
2008/09/06 11:03:24 (permalink)

This is the Ask Collage section!

I don't mean to be critical or to be telling posters what to do.  But I've noticed the majority of posts in this section seem to be aimed at other forum members and not Collage, as it was intended.  I know the format of the forum has changed considerably and we're all still trying to get used to it, but I think the Ask Collage section should be just that - questions for Collage.  There are several other sections where posters can talk to one another and ask questions to their heart's content.

Thank you,

Diane

7 Replies Related Threads

Donna D
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 3289
    Re:This is the Ask Collage section! 2008/09/06 11:08:17 (permalink)
    I've noticed that also.  I think people are getting used to the forum and the problem should correct itself shortly.  I agree - this section should be limited to Ask Collage, as the old forum.
    carolk
    Silver member (100-199 posts)
    • Total Posts : 150
    Re:This is the Ask Collage section! 2008/09/06 12:16:39 (permalink)
    Maybe they should have called this board Ask Collage instead of General Workout Questions.

Carol
    carolk
    Re:This is the Ask Collage section! 2008/09/06 12:19:22 (permalink)
    Oh, I see.  The whole category is called Ask Collage.  I get it now. :)

Carol
    kitkat
    • Total Posts : 123
    Re:This is the Ask Collage section! 2008/09/06 14:16:05 (permalink)
    I noticed that too, but there is no general workout/exercise question in the other sections on the forum. Or is it there and I'm missing it? There is a sections for specific exercise videos, but where do we post about just exercise in general?

I think it would be better for Collage to just have 1 section (instead of 3) for questions directed towards them, like they had before.
    Diane LG
    Gold member (200-299 posts)
    • Total Posts : 264
    Re:This is the Ask Collage section! 2008/09/06 15:43:24 (permalink)
    kitkat
    I noticed that too, but there is no general workout/exercise question in the other sections on the forum. Or is it there and I'm missing it? There is a sections for specific exercise videos, but where do we post about just exercise in general?

I think it would be better for Collage to just have 1 section (instead of 3) for questions directed towards them, like they had before.

I agree that somehow the number of catagories should be cut down.  Your idea for a single "Ask Collage" section is good.  I think they should keep the Check in and Challenges forum for the ladies (gentlemen?) who routinely chit chat with one another.  A third section for general workout questions.  And a fourth catagory for open discussion (not related to fitness or videos).  And now that I think of it, a nutrition/recipe/diet section - but maybe that would be included in Open Discussion.

So that's four or five catagories - down from 12.

I think another reason this doesn't feel like the Ask Collage section is that our posts come up immediately and people forget where they are and answer the person's question - when it was directed at Collage.  Gosh, I hope that made sense.  I mean Collage doesn't have a chance to answer the questions directed at them so other people answer.  Where before, you wouldn't even see the question until Collage answered it.

Okay, rambling over.

Diane
    kitkat
    • Total Posts : 123
    Re:This is the Ask Collage section! 2008/09/06 15:58:41 (permalink)
    There is a nutrition/recipe and any other topic section. Maybe the just getting started section is where we are supposed to ask exercise questions? I guess Collage is reading our posts here and taking feedback and will decide how to make the new forum better.

Diane LG

kitkat

I agree that somehow the number of catagories should be cut down.  Your idea for a single "Ask Collage" section is good.  I think they should keep the Check in and Challenges forum for the ladies (gentlemen?) who routinely chit chat with one another.  A third section for general workout questions.  And a fourth catagory for open discussion (not related to fitness or videos).  And now that I think of it, a nutrition/recipe/diet section - but maybe that would be included in Open Discussion.

So that's four or five catagories - down from 12.

I think another reason this doesn't feel like the Ask Collage section is that our posts come up immediately and people forget where they are and answer the person's question - when it was directed at Collage.  Gosh, I hope that made sense.  I mean Collage doesn't have a chance to answer the questions directed at them so other people answer.  Where before, you wouldn't even see the question until Collage answered it.

Okay, rambling over.

Diane 
    carolk
    Re:This is the Ask Collage section! 2008/09/06 15:58:57 (permalink)
    I don't think that's a problem.  Collage can still answer the question when they get around to it, and meanwhile if someone else knows the answer, the person who asked doesn't have to wait as long for an answer.

Carol
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1