Fusion Workouts

Author
fiji
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 3
2008/09/08 12:22:47 (permalink)

Fusion Workouts

Has anyone tried doing a Fusion Rotation?

For example using workouts like these:

Petra's {Breathe I & II}7723^ and {Elegant Strength}7944^

Balletone's

{Attitude Tu}5536^

{Cardio Callanetics}7897^, {Evolution}7907^

Lotte's

There are more which I can't think of now.  But I see that Collage now has so many different types of workouts other than the basic cardio and strength. 

So many choices got me wondering is anyone doing these types of workouts instead of the norm?

11 Replies Related Threads

mlb
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 1599
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/10 00:15:11 (permalink)
    I've tried Petra's {Breathe I}7723^, the Balletones...and one of the Attittude ones.  

It's been a while since I did them....so I may be a little hazy in the details...but Attitude and Balletone are pretty similar, involving standing ballet legwork.   I think I recall that in the old Forum, Collage made a reply with some details regarding how attitude and balletone differ. 

Of the three, I like the Balletone ones the best.   What I like about ballet workouts is that they are low impact....require controlled movements...and improve balance.  And if you do them correctly, ie thinking about holding your body tall while you make the leg movements, you strenghten your core and improve your posture at the same time.  I love that!  

Also I have a problem where my toes cramp up at night .....and the standing ballet workouts help that a lot.  Actually, now that I think of it....haven't had a toe cramp in about 3 months.

I didn't care for Petra's {Breathe I}7723^.   I stopped the tape about 1/2 through and haven't tried it again because I found the arm movements kinda boring.  Feel bad saying that due to the fact that I didn't finish the workout, but it just didn't "click" for me.

Another fusion workout to consider is {Kari Anderson's REACH}7509^. Reach is quite different than Balletone/Attitude/Breathe in that there is a lot more floorwork.   It requires a lot more strength and flexibility, more than I had when I  last tried it.   Even though I had to modify a  fair number of moves I still really liked it.   Hmm....been a few months since I did that one....and I am stronger.....time to reach for REACH.
    mlb
    • Total Posts : 1599
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/10 00:25:38 (permalink)
    Guess I didn't read carefully enough, you asked about fusion rotation.

I did a mini fusion rotation for about 3 weeks when returning to exercise after being inactive...uh....well...too long.  I had some problems with my toe/toes and had gotten pretty stiff.  My goals then were simply to get the joints and muscles loosened up and to avoid agravating my poor sore injured toe.   When the joints started feeling less stiff I eased out of the fusion.  Currently doing a rotation with Jari or Kelly for weights....with some treadmill on the weight days.  And a step workout on my cardio days.  Now that I'm more strong and limber....l will probably put Kari's Reach or a Balletone into the mix.
    fiji
    Bronze member (<100 posts)
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/10 07:33:46 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info MLB.  I forgot to include "{Reach}7509^".  I love "Reach" after doing that workout I always feel stretched out and relaxed.  Its a shame you didn't click with Petra's {Breathe I & II}7723^.  I really like those workouts.  But that is why there is variety everyone is different.  I wish Petra would make a sequel to {Elegant Strength}7944^.  I also think these workouts are excellent for posture and core work.  They do make me feel more graceful and tall.  I too prefer the Balletone's over {Attitude Tu}5536^.  I feel Attitude Tu is easier than the Balletone's.
    crm549
    • Total Posts : 511
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/11 11:00:08 (permalink)
    When Anna Benson put out her WHFN series a few years back, I did her workouts as a fusion rotation.  All the workouts in the series combined the elements of weights, cardio, yoga and pilates. 
    It was my first real introduction to yoga and pilates and I found those sections to be harder and more challenging than the cardio and weights section.

I saw previews of Callanetics and it didn't do it for me.  I have thought about getting Kari's {Reach}7509^ and Jennifier Kries new ballet, dance and pilates workouts but haven't done so.

Saundra
    Mandolyn
    • Total Posts : 1951
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/11 11:37:43 (permalink)
    I just did {Reach}7509^ for the first time a couple days ago and I was not really impressed. It was not hard at all which was nice, but I did not feel ANYTHING the next day. Maybe I thought it was more of a toning workout? But I see now it is more of a stretch workout- which is still good.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 
    sakina
    Gold member (200-299 posts)
    • Total Posts : 251
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/11 12:13:31 (permalink)
    Does anyone remember those pilates workouts by Michelle Dozois and Tracy York.??....not the Shape ones....these were before the Shape workouts....I dont remember the exact titles, but they were good....this thread reminded me to go dig mine out!!

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain"~anon.
    ~Sakina~
    Andelyn
    • Total Posts : 956
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/11 13:15:53 (permalink)
    Sakina, do you mean "Pilates Sculpt" with Michelle and Tracy?  Love that one.  Hadn't done it in awhile, so I should!  Man, I have too many goodies I want to do and not enough days (or energy) to do them all!  :)  I think that one has been discontinued now, though, for anyone who might be wondering.

Andelyn
    sakina
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/11 13:25:53 (permalink)
    Thats the one, Andelyn! I love revisiting my older faves, and there are so many!!!.....and yet I want the new 10 min. sol. pilates perfect body and ....the list goes on my friend!!

~Sakina~
    crm549
    • Total Posts : 511
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/13 21:04:27 (permalink)
    I have that workout.  I bought a dvd called Work It Off - Cardio Dance. and it came as a bonus workout with that DVD.
    The problem is that the DVD is not chapter.  So I have to fast forward through the first workout to get to the Pilates workouts.  I hate that and needless to say I won't be doing that Pilates workout anytime soon.

Saundra
    gemini1412
    Platinum member (300-499 posts)
    • Total Posts : 455
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/14 09:47:56 (permalink)
    SOO.. It was Sakina & Andelyn who were responsible for me searching for that old DVD yesterday.  I did it too.  I did it after a run and Jari's {S&L}7629^.  It felt pretty good.  I got it years ago before I really committed to exercising.  I buried that work out and I cannot recall why.  I was able to pick up a move or 2 to use as modifiers in other work outs..  So thank you.

Just Jess
    sakina
    Re:Fusion Workouts 2008/09/14 12:02:27 (permalink)
    I'm glad we reminded you...wow, you had a really productive workout day, Just Jess :)

~Sakina~
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1