Do You Rotate Workouts?

Author
Dawn
Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
  • Total Posts : 4083
2008/10/22 20:45:47 (permalink)

Do You Rotate Workouts?

Hi Girls Do You Rotate your Workouts every 4-8 weeks? "I usually dont" I just switch it up everyday,and seems to work for me,How about you? I usually just go How I feel that day and do whatever. Hmmm......

post edited by Dawn - 2008/10/22 20:46:10

14 Replies Related Threads

Andelyn
    • Total Posts : 956
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/22 20:50:26 (permalink)
    I just naturally rotate as I get bored or crave some new type of workout - like muscle toning, or pilates toning, or ballet toning.  Or dance cardio, basic "traditional" cardio, or cardio/toning workouts.  Just whatever I'm in the mood for.  Usually a "mood" lasts at least a couple weeks but could last a couple months, just depending.  So, I guess I rotate DVDs every couple weeks to several weeks or months. 

Sometimes I just do one after another and don't repeat any for quite awhile, so yeah, I'll just often "do whatever" I want.  I try to balance the toning and cardio though - and try to get in at least a couple toning workouts and a couple (or more) cardio workouts.

Andelyn
    LRM
    • Total Posts : 1183
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/22 20:58:15 (permalink)
    I just do what I'm in the mood for!  I try to do strength work at least 2 times a week.  I have a lot of FIRMs so I'm doing AWT usually for strength.  I don't set out a plan of which dvds I'm going to do for X number of weeks.  I just go by what I'm in the mood for and whether I want to work harder or need a lighter day.  Also - I don't have as many workouts as some of you do, so switching more often is important.
    annelaw79
    Bronze member (<100 posts)
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/23 05:29:11 (permalink)
    I usually just pick a workout that I am in the mood for but I recently got pyramid upper /lower body and have been doing that for 5 weeks. I really like it. I don't know if I am going to switch after 6 weeks or do 8 weeks than move onto something else. I have received good muscle defenition everywhere. I don't need anymore workouts but I am interested in cathes slow and heavy and her kick punch and crunch.
    BarbM
    Platinum member (300-499 posts)
    • Total Posts : 313
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/23 07:36:28 (permalink)
    I have a rotation for weight training but cardio is cardio and I do what I want for that day.  If I find a cardio I really like I'll stick with that for a time.
    Mandolyn
    • Total Posts : 1951
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/23 11:19:33 (permalink)
    I usually don't do the same workout twice in one week, but if I am in the mood for it I will. Some short cardio workouts I have I will add on to other cardio workouts which will make that twice in one week- but that does not happen every week. I was typing out a rotation for me every two weeks- following that. It was a different workout each day for two weeks, then start all over. But now I just go with what I feel. Plus I have some new ones coming in the mail so I will be making a new schedule! (but like I said sometimes I stick to my schedule and sometimes I don't) I have noticed that doing a different workout everyday during the week however is more effective for me than sticking with the same workout every other day.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 
    One Fit Lady
    • Total Posts : 2194
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/23 11:21:22 (permalink)
    Month of October has been a different video every day, or my own workout.

I am planning November based on routines that I read here on Collage. There was a thread or two with you gals going back and forth on what your current routines were. So I copied them into Word and I'm going to sit and match my cardio/weight training videos with your ideas and try to stick to a 3 week plan. Thanks to you gals I have a method to my madness - you are great!
    Slinks
    • Total Posts : 5001
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/23 15:07:15 (permalink)
    Sounds like a good idea you have there One Fit Lady !!

I didn't follow a rotation but then I was reading up in the rotations thread and thought I'd give it a go .. I wrote one out and after doing it had to rearange it to suit each other (working from hardest to easiest) but when you have new dvds coming in almost week after week you have to rewrite the goddamed thing all over again !! which I did yesterday, there I sat surround by piles of interval training, step, cardio, ball, pilates .. I wrote on a peice of paper cardio/step, ball, interval and pilates .. and set it all up ..

I had something like that going for the last 4 weeks (but had repeats which  prompted a few new dvd purchases, and now "preto" no repeats !!) and pretty much stuck to it (I was a pick and choose when I get up gal) so I was really proud to stick to the repeated one !! Now with my new rotation (I still have one more dvd I'm waiting on) had to buy it here in Oz couldn't afford the high cost of U.S, so gladly that will only take a week to get here !!  :-) 

I'm starting it tomorrow today I'm actually having a day off !! I don't believe it .. LOL  :-)  you guys are rubbing off on me ..
    post edited by Slinks - 2008/10/23 15:09:22
    MRS
    • Total Posts : 2521
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/23 20:01:31 (permalink)
    I'm kind of a fanatic when it comes to making out rotations, LOL, and love to create them. I usually pick certain workouts scheduled one week at a time, but do the designated rotation 4-6 weeks. It's been noted that results usually will occur in that specified amount of time.

That said, I've been wondering if I should stick to just a specified few workouts during that 4-6 week timeframe to see if I'd get different results. Currently I use several different workouts during the timeframe, since I'm a variety junkie. I know I probably would track my results more efficiently doing this practice.

Have any of you just stuck with specifically 3-4 dvd's a week for a few weeks to note your progress? I keep saying I'm going to try this, but the variety junkie in me sways me otherwise. :)

~~MRS~~ 
    Andelyn
    • Total Posts : 956
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/23 22:47:07 (permalink)
    MRS Quote: Have any of you just stuck with specifically 3-4 dvd's a week for a few weeks to note your progress? I keep saying I'm going to try this, but the variety junkie in me sways me otherwise. :)

Yes, I have.  Last summer (2007) when I was limited in my choices based on my knee injury.  And then in December/January/February I did Bar Method DS and FF (T, Th, Sat) and Kickboxing (Katalin Kickboxercise Workout 1 and Turbo Training - I alternated those 2 M, W, F) and then I had a couple walks in there at about 20 minutes and {Self Ultimate De-stress Yoga}7876^ after the kickboxing.  Those were the only workouts I used.  Got good results!  I keep meaning to stick with that rotation again, but like you I'm a variety junkie too!  So, hmmmm... what to do?  :)  Maybe switch kickboxing DVDs and hopefully the new Bar Method workouts when they come out!  :)

I get good results mixing it up too.  Oh, and actually the last few weeks (before I pulled my neck muscle again) I was doing Jari {RTTC}7639^, her original {Ripped}7450^, and Cathe's {Muscle Max}7445^ (MWF) and some dance cardio or walking on Tue, Thurs.  So, since my neck is better, I want to go back to doing that maybe 3 or 4 weeks and see how it goes!  That's still a different DVD each day of the week, though, so not sure if that's what you meant?  :)

Andelyn
    Mandolyn
    • Total Posts : 1951
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/24 10:54:07 (permalink)
    MRS Quote: Have any of you just stuck with specifically 3-4 dvd's a week for a few weeks to note your progress? I keep saying I'm going to try this, but the variety junkie in me sways me otherwise.

MRS I always want to do this but I never do either! I always do a different workout in one full week. I am definately a variety junkie.
    post edited by Mandolyn - 2008/10/24 10:54:24

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 
    BobLoblaw
    • Total Posts : 48
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/24 12:38:03 (permalink)
    No way!! I do have a general guideline -- 2-3 strength and 2-3 cardio workouts  per week. But then I pick whatever I want within those genres to meet my "quota" so to speak. And I see I'm not alone in the variety-seeking!
    MRS
    • Total Posts : 2521
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/24 14:57:56 (permalink)
    I might try k/b and yoga for a couple weeks sometime, but only 1 or 2 of the same k/b workouts, and 1 or 2 of the same yoga workouts, just so I can track my progress from these 4 workouts. But I have the right to change my mind, LOL!

I was surprised at how long I stuck with Jillian exclusively doing {Shred}7963^ daily for 3 weeks, BUT I added in other workouts as well, so that really isn't the same thing, I'm afraid.

I haven't been doing much k/b lately, and my middle section is showing it! Ugh! Either that, or the dreaded peri-menopausal nasties are raring their ugly head! LOL!!! 

I don't want to think it's the latter...just something for you youngin's to look forward to! ;)

~~MRS~~ 
    SG
    Platinum member (300-499 posts)
    • Total Posts : 402
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/24 15:26:48 (permalink)
    I always stick with the same workouts/rotations for 4-6 weeks at a time.  The only time I saw results is when I added The Bar Method Workouts.  Right now I am doing the following:

M-Treadmill
    T-Bar DS
    W-Cathe cardio
    T-Winsor Abs and Winsor Bun and Thigh Sculpting
    F- Treadmill
    S-Bar FF

I plan to do this for appx 2 more weeks and then I am going to try something new.  Not quite sure what yet, but something different!
    sundari
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re:Do You Rotate Workouts? 2008/10/24 20:10:14 (permalink)
    I'm doing Cardio and Barre workouts. 

So I stick with whatever Barre workout for 4-6 weeks.   This makes it easier for me to see any results from a particular Barre workout.  If I kept switching them up during my 4-6 weeks I wouldn't know if any particular one worked better for me. 

But for cardio I do different workouts each of the 4-6 weeks.

Sundari
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1