A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone

Author
aerobicgirl
Bronze member (<100 posts)
  • Total Posts : 5
2008/10/24 17:30:22 (permalink)

A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone

Hi,
I am advanced and use Cathe and Christi Taylor and Tae Bo for my cardio.  Lately, I have been interested in trying Leslie Sansone.  So I got her more advanced 4 mile express.  I wore my heartrate monitor and I could never get in my target heart range. It was zero! Should I just forget about the heartrate monitor? People get such great results from her but Im not sure about continueing because I feel like my Polar monitor is telling me otherwise. 
I feel like I need to do more cardio to burn off extra stess and calories.  So  I thought adding Leslies walking(since I live in cold climate and can't go outside for walks) in addition to my other cardio would help.  Please help!

6 Replies Related Threads

mlb
    Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
    • Total Posts : 1599
    Re:A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone 2008/10/24 19:47:20 (permalink)
    I believe that the polar HR monitor is pretty accurate.  Zero?  you mean really Zero...or just not at all in the training range?   If your heart rate is up with other cardio workouts...but not with Leslies, then I'd say Leslie's is just not vigorous enough for you.  My hubbys has that problem with {Men's Walk}7843^, so he holds light weights and that bumps up his heart rate.  Also, you could try a weighted vest or a backpack with something in it.

Grats btw, for being in good condition!
    Dawn
    • Total Posts : 4083
    Re:A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone 2008/10/24 19:56:11 (permalink)

Hmmmm..... Strange you should have at least a resting heartrate. I would return it, if you can and get a different one. Mine is a polar B1 and had it for 8 years or so and works great.  I really like mine and can see how hard I'm working.

tigger
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone 2008/10/26 19:17:42 (permalink)
    I also have a difficult time getting my HR up with Leslie's walks.  You could try adding some jogging movements or more arm movements to see if your heart rate goes up. Otherwise, Leslie's workouts are probably not intense enough for you.
    aerobicgirl
    Re:A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone 2008/10/28 20:01:48 (permalink)
    Thanks for all your feedback! I should have been more clear about my Polar heartrate monitor. I meant that my polar heartrate monitor said I was  zero in my target heartrage when I do Leslie's.  It was 105 or lower range.  Compared to 140's range when I do Cathe's step or Christi Taylor which always gets to my range fine.   I'll try to pick up the intensity by your suggestions. thanks!
    post edited by aerobicgirl - 2008/10/28 20:03:55
    Lilac
    • Total Posts : 901
    Re:A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone 2008/11/03 11:55:19 (permalink)
    I've been interested in trying Leslie too, but hesitate because I'm not sure if she'd be intense enough. Do you like her workouts, other than them not getting you into your heartrate zone?
    I live in a cold climate too, and I don't like the cold, but if you dress properly you can still walk! How about snowshoeing? It's a great workout and trust me, you'll warm up!
    aerobicgirl
    Re:A question about my heart rate and Leslie Sansone 2008/11/06 23:55:34 (permalink)
    Snowshoeing sounds fun.   I gave Leslie another try but she doesn't keep my heartrate up.  It must be Cathe's interval training! lol!  I'm going to stick to step and kickboxing and hi/lo(i love Christi Taylor hi llo). 

My newest favorite is Tracey Staehle's Hi lo med ball.  What fun!!!!  There is alot of Tae Bo moves as well as fun floor aerobics.  And the good ol' Flashdance move is in it for a fun trip down memory lane.   Time just flies by with this workout.   i'm going to have to post an excellent review.  The music is fabulous too! A party in a box!
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1