Hamstrings & barre workouts

Author
Cardius
Gold member (200-299 posts)
  • Total Posts : 279
2010/06/02 10:29:50 (permalink)

Hamstrings & barre workouts

I have all 3 Squeeze w/o and Cardio barre ult/adv, NY ballet #1 w/o & both Bar Methods.  Unless I am missing something, I don't see any focus or application addressing the hamstrings area.  I desperately need help in the hip/butt thigh area, but lately now my hamstrings are getting out of control.  I am 51yrs old and am noticing alot of physical changes, mainly alot of fat all over.  My hamstrings look okay standing up, but kneeling....! Same with my calves.  What can you suggest.

5 Replies Related Threads

fit to live
    Bronze member (<100 posts)
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re:Hamstrings & barre workouts 2010/06/02 17:58:35 (permalink)
    I know..me too!!  But deadlifts really helped me work the hams very nice. Just be careful with proper alignment as your back gets a workout to but deadlifts really isolate hamstrings. HTH
    diggerholliday
    Silver member (100-199 posts)
    • Total Posts : 184
    Re:Hamstrings & barre workouts 2010/06/02 20:22:44 (permalink)
    {Squeeze Stronger}5600^ has deadlifts at the very beginning.  She does these super fast as a warm-up, a little odd but I do my these after my cardio and don't do them as fast as she does.
    I also feel that her on the wall stuff from the {first Squeeze}7836^ really hits my hamstrings and thutt area.  Both of these are well chaptered where if you had the time and inclination (as I do) you could string together some hamstring intensive exercises.

I don't have the other ones you mentioned.  I have found that fast walking at an incline really works the back of my legs plus gives me a cardio effect that aids with calorie burning.

HTH
    Cardius
    Re:Hamstrings & barre workouts 2010/06/03 10:34:36 (permalink)
    Thutt!! That is HI-larious!  Re the {Squeeze}7836^ and wall, I will have to focus on the hams with that.  I only seem to feel it in butt/inner thighs.  I went home yesterday determined to go through all my barre w/o starting w/BM Fat Free and felt some of it in my hams.  I don't have a barre so used a chair or my vanity as a barre.  I don't care what they say, neither one is a good sub for a barre.  However, someone at work gave me her Gazelle and I used that as  a barre.  I could feel the work in my legs much better.  But I am going to do deadlifts (love these and french presses).  Thanks Diggerholliday and fit to live for the advice.
    diggerholliday
    Silver member (100-199 posts)
    • Total Posts : 184
    Re:Hamstrings & barre workouts 2010/06/03 21:45:07 (permalink)
    I wish I could take credit for coming up with thutt but I just ain't that clever :-)
    I'm currently doing Results: {10 days to a better body}5591^ and Cindy does 2 rounds of deadlifts that have given me DOMS in the hamstrings for 2 days now.  She does deadlifts with feet about hip width apart at varying tempos then she does them with feet further apart and toes slightly turned out.  I couldn't go down as far with these and think these are what gave me DOMS.

Have you looked on Craig's List for a Fluidity?  that's where I got mine for a very nice price.  Good luck!
    Cardius
    Re:Hamstrings & barre workouts 2010/06/04 10:35:47 (permalink)
    Now, now, take credit for the laugh Digger!! I guess I have a warped sense of humor.  I remember I almost rear ended a car from laughing so hard when I heard my son describe someone with "thankles".  Now its come back to haunt me with "thutt". Payback, not good!  BTW, which w/o are you referring to? Cyndy Whitmarsh?  I may check that one out.
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1