Hi/LO and Cardio Intervals

Author
jf
Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
  • Total Posts : 1204
2010/09/24 10:50:23 (permalink)

Hi/LO and Cardio Intervals

I always thought thses were the same.  I read that Hi/lo is more like the syle from the 80's aerobics classes.  What's the difference?

2 Replies Related Threads

jf
    • Total Posts : 1204
    Re:Hi/LO and Cardio Intervals 2010/09/25 13:55:31 (permalink)
    Are they the same?
    AnnieBananie
    • Total Posts : 2189
    Re:Hi/LO and Cardio Intervals 2010/09/25 23:06:17 (permalink)
    Wow, some mental workouts going on in the forum today!  I don't have the brainpower to wrap my head around all of these tonight , but I want to take a stab at it when I'm more awake : )  I do think Hi/Lo refers to high and low impact while cardio intervals refers to the discussion on the other post, it "consists of moving from one exercise to another in set time intervals".  Does that sound right, experts?  So, no, I don't believe those are the same animal. 

ETA: After thinking about this, I wanted to clarify that last sentence:  I don't think they are technically the same animal BUT I think a cardio interval workout could be one that employs hi/lo impact as the means of going about cardio intervals.  Hi/lo impact does not mean hi/lo intensity, so you could vary the intensity of intervals using hi/lo impact moves.  So... cardio intervals could be done using all low impact moves, all high impact moves, or a combination, aka hi/lo.

So there, much clearer, right? : )  If I'm not thinking about this the right way, I hope someone will chime in!

AND I just noticed where this message was posted--I hope it was ok for me to respond to this.  It looks like maybe you were wanting Collage to do so.
    post edited by AnnieBananie - 2010/09/26 09:59:17

~~The yogini says to the hot dog vendor, "Make me one with everything."
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1