WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION?

Author
Dawn
Platinum Elite (500+ posts)
  • Total Posts : 4083
2008/11/03 11:34:31 (permalink)

WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION?

I dont have a rotation plan as for now,I usually go on how I feel for the day and wondering your thoughts on my rotation plan, I thought of doing Squeeze and Bar Method,lotte burk  for 4 weeks and rotate it with Cathe and Jari,You think this would  be effective for me? I'm so use to lifting heavy weights all the time.TY!

13 Replies Related Threads

MRS
    • Total Posts : 2521
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 12:27:17 (permalink)
    Dawn

I dont have a rotation plan as for now,I usually go on how I feel for the day and wondering your thoughts on my rotation plan, I thought of doing Squeeze and Bar Method,lotte burk  for 4 weeks and rotate it with Cathe and Jari,You think this would  be effective for me? I'm so use to lifting heavy weights all the time.TY!

Hi Dawn, have you ever tried this before?

I would think it would be very effective, since it would be shocking your body by doing something different for a change. OR, an alternative would be to keep one Cathe or Jari within the week of doing the barre workouts, if you felt you didn't want to give up weights altogether. You could always try it out for a couple weeks to see how it goes...so did Kelly inspire you? ;)

~~MRS~~ 
    Dawn
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 13:00:57 (permalink)

MRS

Dawn

Hi Dawn, have you ever tried this before?

I would think it would be very effective, since it would be shocking your body by doing something different for a change. OR, an alternative would be to keep one Cathe or Jari within the week of doing the barre workouts, if you felt you didn't want to give up weights altogether. You could always try it out for a couple weeks to see how it goes...so did Kelly inspire you? ;)

Hi MRS,I never did this before and would like more longer muscles if that make any sense,Im lean already but notice I can get bigger cause of my bodyType, Can you give me a Sample How I should Do this? I have Prefer Squeeze more then Lotte burk and Bar Method I notice my mind wonders off in space and dont find them very challenging like Squeeze! I like Jari most of the time and Cathes {Upperbody Pyramid}7431^ and Tamillee webb,Kathy Smith. Kelly is very Inspiring but I dont think its possible for me to get down to 108 pounds. I was thinking of buying the {new Squeeze}5600^ dvd. Wonder if it would be the same workout like the {First}7836^. thanks for your help!!! 

post edited by Dawn - 2008/11/03 13:14:28
    Mandolyn
    • Total Posts : 1951
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 14:34:27 (permalink)
    Dawn you truly do not need to get down to 108 pounds my dear!! Some people have different body types and you should be content with your body- You know you are in great shape. I am in the best shape I have ever been in, and I was actually thinner before and looked very ill- seriously it did not look good. There comes a point where you can become "too thin" and not look fit. Kelly does look great. She is also more petite. It is always good to mix it up and I think if you are bored with a rotation or if you are gaining weight you should most definately mix it up or change some things. It is always fun to add new and different workouts to our routines- but I am hoping you are not doing this in hopes to lose more weight. You know you do not need to. With that being said-- I think adding more Lotte Berk style workouts into the routine is good- actually I should do that as it confuses muscle doing something COMPLETELY different. I just get bored easily with those types of workouts. But the {new Squeeze}5600^ does look pretty good doesn't it?

btw- kelly ripa is hilarious, I love her goofballness. hehe.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 
    Dawn
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 14:44:40 (permalink)

Thanks Mandolyn, I'm just afraid if I cut back will I lose muscle from not lifting heavy? I'm really thinking about buying the {new Squeeze}5600^ I have the money now and I think I may purchase today. I really like her first workout. The Lottle burk and Bar methods seems not challenging for me,and my mind wonders off.

MRS
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 14:49:07 (permalink)
    You didn't mention how often you want to run. Usually 6 days/week?

A sample rotation might be:

M   Treadmill
    Tu  Treadmill (HIIT), 60 Min. Squeeze
    W  Steady State Treadmill run/walk
    Th  Walk, BM, LB or Cathe, Tamilee, Jari)
    F    Treadmill
    Sa  Treadmill (HIIT), 30 Min. Squeeze 
    Su  Rest

If you wanted to add more barre work, you could do a few custom exercises from Squeeze on M & F.

FWIW Dawn, I wouldn't try to get down to 108 lbs.!! You look just right the way you are!
    post edited by MRS - 2008/11/03 15:04:50

~~MRS~~ 
    Dawn
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 14:58:30 (permalink)

OOPs! 5 days a week I like to run,Sundays and Thursday are best for no runs, thanks MRS!!!

This looks great MRS!!! So......... I can keep with this for more then 4 weeks? or do I need to mix it up again? and is it 4 weeks you need to switch??

post edited by Dawn - 2008/11/03 15:00:59
    MRS
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 15:07:52 (permalink)
    I edited my post on Thursday--rest day on Sunday?

You could either mix it up again the 5th week by doing opposite days of toning and cardio. (i.e. Start toning on M and treadmill on Tu).  You could also choose Kathy S. or an instructor you didn't use this 4 weeks, or try out a new workout ({Squeeze Stronger}5600^, perhaps?) ;)  Or you could go back to your heavy lifting rotation to mix things up again.

HTH!

JMO
    post edited by MRS - 2008/11/03 15:31:54

~~MRS~~ 
    Dawn
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 18:39:39 (permalink)

Thanks for Helping actually wasnt sure how a rotation works butwhen you posted that sample this looks like my routine I do already soI guess I was doing it right in the first place but I had only rotatedwith Cathe and Jari and sometimes Kathy and Tamille webb.

My runs aredifferent everyday so this is good. I do treadmillchallengers,steady,HIIT,walk and trail runs.  I'm still going to addsqueeze and see what happens.

I was stuck at 132-133 for the longesttime until I cut back on cardio to 5 days a week instead of 6 days.so..... I'm wondering if I'm doing to much? Hmmmm I read some girlswhen they cut back they lost pounds maybe lost of muscle?  not sure?

post edited by Dawn - 2008/11/03 19:01:45
    Slinks
    • Total Posts : 5001
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/03 19:16:43 (permalink)
    Sounds do-able to me MRS .. but geez Dawn all that running, I would find it so boring, lol, but we're all differant ..

I go to bed (because I've read the rotation list for the morrow) all excited about the dvd I'm going to do "tomorrow" that sometimes I can't sleep !! especially with a new dvd ..  :-)    I'd LOVE to get that new Sqeeze dvd !! that looks so awesome !!

Good luck to you Wonder-Dawn, I hope you find the balance you're looking for, it's the same thing I'm trying to do as you can see ..
    MRS
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/04 08:16:22 (permalink)
    Dawn, why don't you just play it by ear and take the amount up/down according to how you're feeling that day? Nothing is set in stone, EVER!! If I don't feel like doing a workout that scheduled for that particular day, I don't do it! Listen to your body!! :)

Also, I wanted to mention, if you're not going to be doing more weight work this rotation, an idea might be to include more push-ups in your week. That's what I'm doing this month, (a k/b and pilates/yoga rotation), since I'm not including any weight work, but I don't want to see any strength losses either. Just a thought...

Take care~~

~~MRS~~ 
    Dawn
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/04 08:39:38 (permalink)

Thanks MRS,This is what I was doing before but from reading about others how Rotation help them,was wondering if I should try this. I think I will stick with Jari and Cathe,Kathy,Tamilee but add in Squeeze and just rotate them. I was thinking adding some Yoga also! Thanks for all your help, I really aprieciate it!!!!

Orion
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/04 13:58:44 (permalink)
    I think you should add an active recovery WEEK every 3-4 weeks.

I will post, later this week I hope, a summwry of some stuff I've been reading. To make a long story short - active recovery, which as a very easy week, is very important and it becomes more important the harder you train. On a LT training program those who did not do an easy week reduced their LT (the goal is to maximize it). In a nutshell - if your LT is dropping your body's ability to utilize energy is reduced and more fat is stored. So when I read your remark on losing more as you reduce the # of day I suddenly remembered this....

Active recovery can be short, easy runs - not HIIT or intervals as well as very light lifting with not too many reps - you are not going for the burn in this, just oiling the joints....
    post edited by Orion - 2008/11/04 14:00:26
    Dawn
    Re:WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK OF MY ROTATION? 2008/11/04 15:02:06 (permalink)

Hmmm,That does sound like a good idea since I train almost everyday and work hard,doing HIIT,Heavy weights all the time.

Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1